Not exactly the conversation you want to be having days before your wedding, right?! That wet stuff that falls from the sky is not something we typically plan for in a state where we can brag about our sunny, warm weather on almost every day of the year! But, if you are planning an outdoor wedding, it is always good to have a Plan B from the beginning no matter where you live. You never know what Mother Nature has up her sleeve!
So what do you do if the rain decides to be a last minute guest on your big day? We say, embrace it!! Find ways to make the time at your wedding as comfortable and memorable as possible for you and your guests. Here are a few ideas to help you seize your rainy day!
- Rely on the solutions of your wedding planner and other vendors. They are there to help and have probably dealt with rainy day situations before. Trust them!
- Run to the store and grab as many umbrellas as you can and hand them out to guests as they arrive. You can even have one of your ushers or friends go to the parking lot and help people out of their cars and offer umbrellas right there.
- If the rain isn’t coming down too hard, consider still holding your ceremony outside. A little rain makes for a lot of charm!
- Get some hand towels or washcloths in your wedding colors and give one to each usher. As they walk people to their spots, they can wipe off the seats for them.
- Ask the DJ to play or have your guests request their favorite songs that mention rain. Some of our favorites are Singin’ in the Rain by Gene Kelly, Raindrops Keep Fallin’ On My Head by B.J. Thomas, Have You Ever Seen the Rain by Creedence Clearwater Revival, She’s My Kind of Rain by Tim McGraw, and Umbrella by Rihanna.
- Don’t be afraid to get a little wet! Photographs in the rain can turn out to be absolutely stunning. Check out these amazing images by Mike Olbinski Photography of a wedding that went on despite a crazy storm going on outside! If you are worried about being wet during the reception, save your photos in the rain for the end of the night. What a fun way to end your special day by playing in the rain with your new husband or wife!
Bottom line: This is your day and it is gonna happen, rain or shine! So have fun with it and turn this rainy weather into your silver lining!
With all that Life has to offer,
Life Design Event Planning // Wedding Planner // Phoenix