Are you unsure if you're ready to work within the ever growing LGBT wedding market? I get it. It can be daunting to reach out and cater to a clientele that often has wedding vendors slamming doors in their faces. How do you get them to trust you? How do you let them know that you are inclusive to all couples? Start by evaluating your business. Do you think your wedding business is LGBT friendly? Take this quick quiz to see where you are at:
- Do you believe that planning a gay wedding is the same as planning a straight wedding?
- Do you pre-screen the vendors you recommend to ensure that they are also gay friendly?
- In your correspondence with clients, do you use gender neutral language? (contracts, forms etc.)
- Do you incorporate images from LGBT and straight weddings in your marketing?
- Do you have an anti-discrimination policy for you and your staff to follow?
If you answered NO to ANY of the above questions, it's okay. But don't worry, because help is on the way!!
The Gay Wedding Institute certification course by 14 Stories is coming to Phoenix on August 26!
What is the Gay Wedding Institute certification course, you ask? GWI is the world’s only wedding certificate program that focuses on the LGBT market. The course covers topics such as laws and policies affecting same-sex couples, LGBT wedding data, trends, traditions and more. Basically, it's awesome! And...founded by MRSter advisory board member, Bernadette Smith.
For more info, go to: http://gayweddinginstitute.com/gay-wedding-certification.htm
Registration is now open at www.GayWeddingInstitute.com/Phoenix
BONUS!! Since the certification course in Phoenix is being done in partnership with MRSter, attendees get a free FABuLIST listing for one year along with their 14 Stories Gay Wedding Institute certificate badge!
Check it out! We can't wait to see you there!!